Sunday, July 1, 2012

Old Photos 2



Since my last post was about photos, I thought I would follow with this one.  I wrote this right after "Old Photos" and it's more personal.

I had to think about whether I wanted to share it or not, but really I think the feelings in it are universal among women. Some of us want to lose weight and others want to gain, some wish for different hair or other physical features.  But almost every woman scrutinizes her image in a photo or mirror and sometimes is dismayed at what she "sees."

Senior photo, 1980
Old Photos  by Janet Sobczyk, 2012



Who is that girl?
Was that really me?
Did I look like that?
So young and pretty?

Back then I thought
I was odd and fat.
Yet this girl is thin,
Did I look like that?

Can a cam'ra lie?
Are photos the truth?
Did mirrors distort,
Back in my youth?


                           

No comments:

Post a Comment