Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Daily Treadmill


Now that school has resumed, this poem seems appropriate.  
      When Andrea read this, she said it just looks like a to-do list (in ryhthm.)  Well, yeah, that's kinda the point.  :)

The Daily Treadmill
By Janet Sobczyk, 2010   

Up at daybreak
Step in shower
Dress and make-up
Time for breakfast
Prepare lunches
Lug some laundry
Check the schedule
Scoot kids to school
Stop to get gas
Waltz through workday
Run an errand
Pick up kids now
Calm a quarrel
Whip up supper
Feed the dog, too
Hug a hurt child
Bandage boo-boo
Help with homework
Play a board game
Tuck the kids in
Read a story
Pray a blessing
Dash through dishes
Sweep the kitchen
Lug more laundry
Answer emails
Laugh at late show
Turn off TV
Kiss my sweetheart
Collapse in bed
Repeat tomorrow!

                              So why am I overweight?

3 comments:

  1. Every once in a while something gets misaligned in a post, such as the line "Feed the dog, too" in this poem. I've tried to correct it, but no matter how perfect the preview looks, it can still come out this way. I shouldn't let that annoy me, but it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I scold myself every day for not going to the gym. Gosh...I've been on the treadmill every day!!!! :)

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought a lot of women could relate to the treadmill. We just don't give ourselves enough credit for all we do each day. :)

    ReplyDelete