Saturday, September 22, 2012

About my photos

I just wanted to explain something about the photos in my blogs. 

Most of the poems are written long before I have an idea about a picture to go with them.  So, my first priority is to share the writing.  In some cases I can imagine the perfect photo for a piece, but just haven't found it yet.  For example, I know I have some cute photos of Monica crawling, which will be ideal for "Conquering the Stairs,"  posted on 9-16.  When I do find them, I can go back and add one.  

Also, I hadn't figured out how to insert photos when I started the blog in June, so recently I went back and added a few (ex: the clown and ringmaster photo for "Motherhood is a Circus" on 6-26 and two for "The Grass is Always Greener Across the Street" on 7-19-12.)   

The quality of the photos is purely amateur with a simple camera.  Many of them are getting pretty old.  But some are recent shots or taken to help visually place the poems in context.  I try to keep my blog uncluttered, with a lot of white space, but I think the photos add a necessary visual appeal, and I enjoy them.

I will continue to add photos for old posts whenever I can.  Feel free to scroll through quickly for any you might have missed.  :)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, very professional high level blog! thank you for sharing. Because of good writing, and I learned a lot, and I am glad to see such a beautiful thing. Sorry for my bad English. ?

Anonymous said...

fter study a few of the blog posts on your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Pls check out my web site as well and let me know what you think.

Janet Sobczyk said...

Thank you! (And I had no trouble understanding your English.)

Janet Sobczyk said...

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy what I'm doing. I would check out your site, but the blog filter wouldn't let your address through. Sorry.