What I've Learned...
from carrying newspapers
by Janet Sobczyk
- Be careful walking through yards before dawn or you'll end up with a nasty surprise, like spider webs across your face or dog doo on your shoes.
- Enjoy each season as it comes. There are more good weather days than bad ones, so look for the beauty in each season.
- Walk through sprinklers on a summer day, but avoid icy stairs in the winter.
- Even "friendly" dogs can be scary when they're protecting their yard.
- Many people would never think of tipping the news carrier unless they (or their children) had carried.
- A dollar tip from a grateful, little old lady is worth way more than a dollar.
- News print can stain.
- Manual labor earns an honest wage, but it may be a pittance.
- Having a partner makes the work a lot easier, which can be said about most things in life. :)