Sunday, October 7, 2012

What I've Learned... from working medical claims

Before I was married, I got a job in the claims department of a big insurance company. I worked as an auditor for a few years.  Back then it was a paper, pencil, and calculator process, so unlike the computerized business world of today.  Check out this old photo of me in 1987.




What I've Learned... 
from working medical claims
  • So much paperwork!  But each piece affected a real (possibly hurting) human being.
  • Overtime was inevitable.  That's true in so many jobs.
  • Walking the stairs was a good thing to do at break time.
  • I didn't want to work in a cubicle for the rest of my life.
  • A lively person who comes to the first day of training wearing a bright dress, banana-colored pumps, and a huge run in her nylons could become my forever friend.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment